How can you help?
- join volunteers of all ages on field surveys
- undertake regular land based monitoring
- take photographs / videos and report sightings
- record sightings on the apps.: Kangaroo Island Dolphin Watch and Coastal Walkabout
- participate in photographic identification workshops, data collation and analysis
- be an advocate in your community
- get involved in active strategies eg beach clean-ups, water testing regimes, stranding response teams etc
- provide sponsorship and support – contact us at
sponsorKIDW@outlook.com or Phone: 08 8553 0453
Teachers, want your students to get involved in the Dolphin field surveys on Kangaroo Island or in Victor Harbor?
See how Lameroo School has been involved.: http://www.kangarooislanddolphinwatch.com.au/2012/11/6-years-of-research-effort-from-lameroo-schools/
If you would like to explore a similar experience, contact us – Via Facebook, Email; or by phoning 08 8553 0453
On your uni break, put your time to good use and volunteer your time doing land or boat based data collection and analysis.
If you have spare time, there are several ways you can help us out. Volunteer in the office, participate in field surveys and workshops, and assist in fundraising and support.
Want to add a little extra to your time away on our beautiful island or in the Fleurieu region? Enjoy a marine experience on one of our Ecotourist partners Kangaroo Island Marine Adventures or The Big Duck, Victor Harbor
Upload dolphins sightings to Record Sightings
Or complete a data card available on Sealink ferries